He holds a Law degree from Francisco Marroquin University and a Masters in Economics from King Juan Carlos University in Madrid. Currently, he directs the legal research unit at the Liberty and Development Foundation (FLD). He is columnist for the digital newspapers, RepúblicaGT and Nómada and shares his thoughts on his web site edgarortizromero.com.
- "Bruno Leoni's classic liberalism." At Magazine of Institutions, ideas and markets. Nº. 60. May, 2014, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- "A few observations of the 2015 civic movement in Guatemala", Published by Cifras y voces. Perspectives of changes in Guatemalan society. Guatemala: Editorial Serviprensa, 2016. 222 pp.
- "Can the TSE reject candidacies from people who lack "honesty"," Liberty and Development Foundation, Guatemala, 2019. Available at: https://www.fundacionlibertad.com/articulo/puede-el-tse-rechazar-candidaturas-personas-que-carezcan-de-honradez
- "An analysis of Bill 5300: the filter of the Supreme Court", Liberty and Development Foundation, Guatemala, 2019. Available at: https://www.fundacionlibertad.com/articulo/analisis-de-la-iniciativa-5300-el-filtro-de-la-csj-al-conocer-los-antejuicios
- "Bill 5257: NGO Law Reforms, Restrictions on Freedom of Association," Liberty and Development Foundation, Guatemala, 2018. Available at: https://www.fundacionlibertad.com/articulo/iniciativa-de-ley-5257-reformas-ley-de-ong-restricciones-la-libertad-de-asociacion