"He holds a degree in Economics from Francisco Marroquín University and an M.A. from the University of California at Los Angeles -UCLA-, as well as a specialization in Central Banking. He is an associate researcher at the National Economic Research Center -CIEN-, as well as a researcher and lecturer on foreign trade, macroeconomics, fiscal policy, informal economy, the labor market, and economic development. He has been a national and international consultant for several international financial organizations and private foundations. He was also a member of the Fiscal Pact Follow-up Commission between 2003 and 2004. He is a columnist, an economic analyst and an author of several books on the national economy, as well as articles in national and international academic journals. He is currently Chancellor of Escuela de Gobierno."
- The Impact of Trade in Services on Employment: The Call Centre Sector and Customer Service in Guatemala, 2012 (Analysis of employment possibilities in the sector and impact of labour regulations). ILO
- Institutional Reforms in Guatemala, 2012. (Responsible for proposals on labor reform, administrative simplification policy and entrepreneurship policy) CIPE
- Assessing Aid for Foreign Trade in Practice: Lessons from Guatemala, 2012. (Measurement, evaluation and recommendations to improve the effectiveness of aid for trade). ICTSD
- Obstacles for Competitiveness, 2012 (Consultant: Identification of obstacles for national competitiveness) WB
- Women's entrepreneurship: Getting to know the Guatemalan woman again. 2012. (Measurement of entrepreneurship in Guatemala at the local level, with emphasis on the characterization of women entrepreneurs). UN Women